St. Naum from Ohrid erected the church in the year of 900 and dedicated it to the Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel. In 910, after his death, St. Naum was buried in a small chapel in the church. The chapel is decorated with beautiful frescoes with scenes from the life and wonders of St. Naum. Later, during the Ottoman Empire, the church was completely destroyed. The present church was built in several phases between the XVI и XVII century over the foundations of the old church. The today- church does not have the fresco decoration from the X century, and the existing frescoes were painted in 1806. Another characteristic element of the church is its gilded carved iconostasis made in 1711, along with most of the icons.